by Cristina Balbiano d’Aramengo
Friday 1st November until Thursday 7th November 2019
(with 1 day off during the course)
Course fee € 795,- including materials and lunches
(klik hier voor de Nederlandse versie)
During this 6-day workshop we will work both on how to make new children’s books – from words to
image, from sewing to cover – as well as protecting and repairing already existing children’s books:
we will develop childproof bookbinding structures, learn how to make a protective jacket to preserve
your own favorite book from childhood, and learn how to make lasting repairs using textile collages
FIRST PART: NEW BOOKS
- Illustration and words: introducing children’s books; visual and practical exercises.
- Coherence between structure and content: discussing the contents of the books models and presenting new structures.
- Making a leather binding and an experimental book.
- The portaFIABE (Tales bearer): a book-in-progress
SECOND PART: OLD BOOKS
- Unusual mending of damaged books: recreative repairing, collages, strengthening and casing
- The dust jackets
- The Collective Book
All the basic materials will be prepared by the teacher and included in the workshop fee, yet participants will be given, together with the individual tools list, a list of specific items and materials to bring, to work on the contents of their books, as well as details about old children’s books to repair/reuse.
The course will be held in English.